SSBC Truck Stop Performance Brakes
SSBC Truck Stop line of performance big brake kits are designed to fit your truck's stock and larger after-market wheels. Six and eight piston calipers by SSBC can increase brake torque over your vehicles stock brakes by 36%. With upgraded brakes you will not have to worry whether your rig will stop when towing a heavy trailer or in an emergency situation. Additionally, better brakes provide more consistency and dependability than stock brakes which are more susceptible to brake fade. If you are having to alter your driving style and are having to leave extra space between your truck and the car ahead of you, just stop in time- you are not alone, a brake system upgrade is worth considering for most truck or Jeep owners.
For those who wish to keep their stock wheels, SSBC offers brake kits which maintain the factory rotor size and wheel clearance. That way you won't have to buy larger wheels just to install high performance disc brakes. However, if you have upgraded to larger wheels and tires, SSBC also offer big brake kits with larger than stock rotors sizes. All SSBC brake kits are complete with everything you'll need to complete the installation, including performance pads, brackets, flex lines and hardware (exact contents vary based on vehicle and kit type). SSBC brake kits are compatible with factory ABS and parking brake systems.
If you want your brakes to run cooler and give you shorter stopping distances, but prefer not to install a big brake kit, SSBC also offers O.E. dimensioned turbo slotted rotors. These slotted rotors are designed to be compatible with your vehicles stock calipers and cool your brakes by removing unwanted gases from between the rotors and brake pads.
Why You Need Better Brakes
- Large wheels and tires add rolling mass, thus increasing stopping distances
- Big tires can add over 100 lbs. Per corner
- Increased rolling mass leads to longer stopping distances
- Towing adds more weight and increases stopping distances
- More horsepower means more to control, faster starts need faster stops
- Multi-piston calipers make more brake stopping power
- SSBC Calipers are constructed from lightweight billet aluminum, which reduces unsprung weight and provides a smother ride
- Each SSBC caliper has stainless steel pistions, which resist corrosion and help insulate the brake fluid against fade-inducing heat
- Multi-piston design distributes the clamping force more evenly over the rotor vs the stock caliper, which decreases pad deflection and increases braking power
- Turbo slots and high quality rotors help cool the rotor to help prevent warping, as well as keep the pads clean
- Xtra Life plating on all performance rotors, protects rotor from rust and corrosion, improves appearance and extends service life
- No longer need to buy large, expensive wheels to be able to install performance brakes
- Simple stock size slotted rotor and pad upgrades that fit in your stock wheels
- Quick Change aluminum caliper upgrade kits that work with your existing stock size rotors and fit in your stock wheels
- Larger than stock 14" rotor upgrades that reuse the stock brake caliper for trucks using 18" or larger wheels
- Complete performance disc brake kits with SSBC's award-winning multi-piston aluminum calipers mated to either new stock size or 14" Turbo slotted and Xtra Life plated rotors for trucks using 18" or larger wheels